It is very important to us to protect your personal data when you visit our website. We protect your privacy and your private data. We collect, process and use your personal data in accordance with the content of these data protection provisions and the applicable rules on data protection, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation, the German Data Protection Act and the German Telemedia Act.
These data protection provisions regulate which personal data we collect, process and use. For this reason, please read through the following information carefully.
1. The following section contains information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data is defined as any information which refers to you personally, e.g. your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
2. The controller as defined by Art. 4 Par. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is SOMMER Antriebs- und Funktechnik GmbH, Hans-Böckler-Straße 27, 73230 Kirchheim/Teck, email@example.com (see our legal information https://www.sommer.eu/en-GB/legal-information.html). You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our postal address and adding "the data protection officer."
3. When you contact us via e-mail or a contact form, we store the data you supply (your e-mail address, where applicable your name and your telephone number) in order to answer your questions. We delete data provided in this connection once storage is no longer required or restrict processing where a legal obligation to retain such data applies.
4. Should we avail ourselves of the services of contracted providers for individual functions of our offering or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, you can find detailed information on the respective processes below. We also specify the fixed criteria for the data storage duration.
1. You have the following rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
2. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority against the processing of your personal data by us.
1. When you use our website merely for informational purposes, that is, without registering or transferring other information to us, we collect only the data transmitted to our server by your browser. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which we require for technical reasons in order to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6 Par. 1 Subpar. 1 lit. f GDPR):
2. In addition to the data specified above, cookies are also stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files assigned to the browser you use and stored on your hard disk. They provide specific information to the party setting the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to help us make our overall internet offering more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following cookie types. Their scope and functionality is explained below:
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They are frequently session cookies. These save a so-called session ID with which various requests from your browser can be identified as part of the same session. This allows us to recognise your computer when you visit our website again. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a set time, which may vary from cookie to cookie. You can delete cookies at any time via the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish, for example, by refusing to accept third-party cookies or refusing to accept any cookies at all. We do point out, however, that this means you may not be able to use all functions of our website.
f) Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your end device. These objects save the necessary data independent of the browser you use and have no automatic expiry date. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private browsing mode. In addition, we recommend that you delete cookies and your browser history regularly.
1. In addition to the use of our website for purely informational purposes, we also offer various services you may choose to take advantage of. In order to do so, you will as a rule be required to enter further personal data which we use to provide the service in question and in accordance with the data processing principles named above.
2. In some cases, we use external service providers in order to process your data. These providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and monitored regularly.
3. In addition, we may disclose your personal data to third parties when conducting campaigns, holding competitions, concluding contracts or offering similar services together with partners. Further information is provided when you enter your personal data or can be found below in the description of the offer.
4. Where our contracting providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this in our description of the offer.
1. If you have agreed to the processing of your data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Once you have revoked your consent, this influences the permissibility of processing of your personal data.
2. In as far as we base the processing of your personal data on a weighing up of interests, you are entitled to object to processing. In particular, this is the case where the processing of your data is not necessary for the performance of a contract with you, which is stated by us in the following description of the functions. If you make use of your right to objection, we ask you to state the reasons why your personal data should not be processed in the manner intended by us. When you file such an objection with us, stating your reasons, we will examine the circumstances and either cease or adapt the processing of your data or state our compelling and legitimate grounds for continuing the processing of your data.
3. You are, of course, entitled to object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can notify us of your objection to the processing of your data for advertising purposes using the following contact data: SOMMER Antriebs- und Funktechnik GmbH, Hans-Böckler-Straße 27, D-73230 Kirchheim/Teck, E-mail: email@example.com, Tel.: 07021 8001-0, Fax: 07021 8001-100.
1. You have the option of subscribing to our newsletter, in which we inform you of current offers which may be of interest to you. The products and services advertised in the newsletter are specified in the declaration of consent.
2. For registration for our newsletter, we use the so-called double-opt-in procedure. This means that on registration, we send an e-mail to the e-mail address provided by you, asking you to confirm that you wish to receive our newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information is blocked and deleted automatically after one month. We also store the IP addresses you use, the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this is to supply verification of your registration and to allow clarification of possible misuse of your personal data.
3. The only information you have to enter in order to receive the newsletter is your e-mail address. Any further data entered in the fields marked as voluntary are used in order to allow us to address you personally. On receipt of your confirmation, we save your e-mail address in order to send you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 Par. 1 Subpar. 1 lit. a GDPR.
4. You can withdraw your consent to receiving the newsletter and cancel your subscription at any time. You can do this by clicking on the link provided for this purpose in every newsletter, via the form on the website https://www.sommer.eu/en-gb/service/newsletter/unsubscribe, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact data given on the legal information page of our website.
5. We would like to point out that we do evaluate user behaviour when dispatching our newsletter. To allow this, the e-mails we send contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels in the form of one-pixel image files which are stored on our website. For evaluation, we link the data specified in § 3 and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Links contained in the newsletter also contain this ID. We use the data collected to create a user profile which allows us to tailor the newsletter to your specific interests. We track when you read our newsletter and which links you click in it, which and on the basis of this, we draw conclusions about specific topics which interest you. We combine these data with your activities on our website.
6. You can file an objection to this tracking at any time by clicking the special link provided for this purpose in every newsletter or by notifying us by other means. This information is stored for the duration of your subscription to the newsletter. If you cancel your subscription to the newsletter, the information is stored purely for statistical purposes and in anonymous form.
We host our website at SpaceNet AG. The provider is SpaceNet AG – Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14, D-80807 Munich. Details can be found in SpaceNet's data protection declaration: https://www.space.net/datenschutz.
SpaceNet is used on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. We have a legitimate interest in our website being displayed as reliably as possible. If a corresponding consent has been requested, the processing takes place exclusively on the basis of Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR; the consent can be revoked at any time.
We have concluded an order processing contract (AVV) with the above-mentioned provider. This is a contract required by data protection law, which ensures that the personal data of our website visitors is only processed according to our instructions and in compliance with the GDPR.
1. This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc.("Google"). Google Analytics also uses so-called "cookies," text files that are stored on your computer and enable your use of the website to be analysed. As a rule, the information created by the cookie about your use of this website is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, in member countries of the European Union or other countries that are signatories to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, Google truncates your IP address beforehand. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to analyse your use of the website, compile reports about activities on the website and provide the website operator with further services in connection with website and Internet use.
2. The IP address transferred by your browser for the purpose of Google Analytics is not merged with any other Google data.
3. You can prevent the cookies from being stored by means of a corresponding setting in your browser software, but we would like to point out that you may not be able to use all the website's functions to the full extent in this case. In addition, you can prevent Google from obtaining and processing the data created by the cookie concerning your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in accessed by clicking the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
4. This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This means that IP addresses are truncated prior to further processing, rendering it impossible to trace them back to a specific person. Where data collected on you identify you personally, they are therefore immediately excluded and the personal data are thereby deleted at once.
5. We use Google Analytics in order to analyse your use of our website, enabling us to improve our website regularly. The statistics we obtain in this way allow us to improve our online offering and make our website more interesting for you as a user. For those exceptional cases where personal data are transferred to the USA, Google has certified that it complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Frameworks, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Par. 1 Subpar. 1 lit. f GDPR.
On our website, we use "Google Tag Manager", a service of Google Ireland Limited, Google Building Gordon House, Barrow St, Dublin 4, Ireland (hereafter referred to as "Google"). Google Tag Manager allows us as marketers to manage website tags via an interface. The tool Google Tag Manager, which implements the tags, is a cookie-free domain and does not itself collect any personal data. Google Tag Manager ensures the activation of other tags, which may in turn collect data. Google Tag Manager does not access these data. If deactivation has been carried out on domain or cookie level, it remains in place for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
Information supplied by the third-party provider: Google Ireland Limited, Google Building Gordon House, Barrow St, Dublin 4, Ireland
For more information on data protection, see the following Google websites:
FAQs Google Tag Manager: https://www.google.com/intl/de/tagmanager/faq.html
Conditions of use, Google Tag Manager: https://www.google.com/intl/de/tagmanager/use-policy.html
This website uses the "Clarity” service of the Microsoft Corporation. Clarity allows analysis of the use of our website. It creates a log of mouse movements and clicks with the aim of deriving potential improvements of our website. The information gathered is transferred to Clarity and stored there. According to Microsoft, it may also be used for advertising purposes.
Information on Clarity: https://clarity.microsoft.com
We measure the range of our website using Matomo, an open-source tool that we run on our own server.
In doing so, a cookie may be set on the user's terminal, by means of which the activities can be tracked and, for example, recurring visits can be identified. The user's IP address is automatically shortened and therefore it is no longer possible to identify individual persons. Among other things, the approximate geographical location, terminal, screen resolution, browser and pages visited, including the time they were viewed, are evaluated.
Insofar as we obtain the user's consent, the data is processed on the legal basis of Art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1a) of the GDPR. Furthermore, it is based on Art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1f) of the GDPR. Our legitimate interest is to optimise our website, improve our offers and online marketing.
1. On this website, we use Google Maps. This enables us to display interactive maps directly on the website and gives you the convenience of the map function.
2. When you visit our website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data specified in § 3 of this declaration are transferred. This takes place irrespective of whether Google provides a user account via which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data are assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish the data to be linked to your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses them for advertising purposes, market research and/or requirements-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even in the case of users who are not logged in) in order to provide advertising which caters to the needs of users and in order to inform other users of social media networks of your activities on our website. You are entitled to object to the creation of such user profiles; however, you must contact Google in order to exercise this right.
3. Further information on the purpose and scope of the collection and processing of data by the plug-in provider can be found in the provider’s data privacy policies. There, you will also find further information on your rights in this context and configuration options for the protection of your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has certified that it adheres to the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
We use the platform YouTube.com to post our own videos and make them accessible to the public. YouTube is a service provided by a third party not associated with us, namely YouTube LLC.
Some of our web pages contain links to YouTube. As a general rule, we are not responsible for the content of linked web pages. However, if you follow a link on YouTube, we point out that YouTube stores the data of its users (e.g. personal information, IP address) in accordance with its own data usage policy and uses the data for business purposes.
We also directly incorporate videos stored at YouTube into some of our web pages. Content of the YouTube web page is then shown in sub-areas of a browser window. However, the YouTube videos are only displayed if they are clicked separately. This technology is also called “framing“. When you access a (sub)page of our Internet offer into which YouTube videos are integrated in this way, a connection to the YouTube servers is established and the content displayed on the web page via a message to your browser.
YouTube content is only incorporated in “extended data protection mode”. This is provided by YouTube and thus ensures that initially, YouTube stores no cookies on your device. However, when you access the specific pages, your IP address and the other data listed in point 4 are transferred and thus, in particular, the information on which of our web pages you have visited. However, this information cannot be assigned to you unless you logged on to YouTube or another Google service before accessing the page or are permanently logged in there.
As soon as you click to play an integrated video, through the extended data protection mode, YouTube stores only cookies which do not contain personally identifiable data on your device, unless you are currently logged in to a Google service. These cookies can be blocked by means of the corresponding browser settings and extensions.
Address and link to the data protection information of the third-party provider:
Google/YouTube: Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI
1. We use the services of Google Ads to draw attention to our attractive products on external websites through the use of advertising material (so-called Google Ads). In relation to the data from advertising campaigns, we can evaluate how successful individual advertising measures are. Our aim here is to present advertising which is of interest for you, to make the design of our website more interesting and to allow a fair calculation of advertising costs.
2. This advertising material is provided by Google via so-called "ad servers." We use ad server cookies, which allow us to measure specific success parameters such as how often the ads are displayed or clicked by users. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Ads will store a cookie on your computer. As a rule, these cookies are only valid for 30 days, and they are not intended to be used to identify you as a person. Usually, the analysis values unique cookie ID, the number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), the last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (notification that the user does not wish to be addressed again) are stored for this cookie.
3. These cookies allow Google to recognise your Internet browser. If a user visits specific pages of an Ads customer’s website and the cookie stored on his or her computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer can see that the user has clicked the advertisement and been redirected to this page. A different cookie is assigned to each Ads customer. Cookies can therefore not be tracked via the websites of Ads customers. We ourselves do not collect or process any personal data in the course of the named advertising measures. We merely receive statistical evaluations from Google. Using these evaluations, we can see which of the advertising measures implemented have been particularly effective. We receive no more detailed data from the use of the advertising measures, and in particular, the information does not enable us to identify the user.
4. The marketing tools installed mean that your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data captured by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you on the basis of the information available to us: As a result of the integration of Google Ads Conversion, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding section of our website or clicked one of our ads. If you are registered with a service provided by Google, Google can assign your visit to the website with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible for the provider to learn your IP address and store it.
5. There are various ways in which you can avoid being tracked in this way:
a) by making a corresponding setting in your browser software; in particular, blocking third-party cookies ensures that you receive no advertising from third-party providers;
b) by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com," https://www.google.de/settings/ads, whereby this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies;
c) by using the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices to deactivate interest-based advertisements from providers who are part of the self-regulation campaign "About Ads," whereby this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies;
d) by means of permanent deactivation in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We do point out, however, that in this case, you may not be able to use all functions of our website.
6. The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 Par. 1 Subpar. 1 lit. f GDPR. You can find further information on data protection at Google here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has certified that it complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Frameworks, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
We use Friendly Captcha (hereafter "Friendly Captcha") on this website. The provider is Friendly Captcha GmbH, Am Anger 3-5, 82237 Woerthsee, Germany.
Friendly Captcha is intended to check whether data entry on this website (e.g. in a contact form) is done by a human or by an automated program. For this purpose, Friendly Captcha analyzes the behavior of the website visitor based on various characteristics. For analysis, Friendly Captcha evaluates various information (e.g. anonymous IP address, referrer, visit time, etc.). For more information, see: https://friendlycaptcha.com/legal/privacy-end-users/ .
The data is stored and analyzed on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The website operator has a legitimate interest in protecting its web offerings from abusive automated spying and from SPAM. If a corresponding consent has been requested, the processing takes place exclusively on the basis of Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. Consent can be revoked at any time.
We have concluded an order processing contract (AVV) for the use of the above-mentioned service. This is a contract required by data protection law, which ensures that the personal data of our website visitors is only processed according to our instructions and in compliance with the GDPR.