How to equip your garage with the smart courier function
This smart courier function from SOMMER allows the delivery service employee to deposit a parcel in your garage. The opening height of the garage door can be defined individually. You can choose between two security levels: The door can be opened via the red button or an individual numeric code.
To find out if the Telecody Courier is compatible with your operator, see Compatibility .
The Telecody Courier means it is no longer necessary to collect from a parcel shop, from a packing station or from a neighbour. All it takes is a short trip to the garage.
On-time and stress-free
Parcels can be delivered to you on the first attempt every time. How? Simply enter the storage location "Garage" with the parcel delivery company, e. g. DHL. The door is then opened via the red button or a numeric code. The numeric code can also be specified at the storage location.
The parcels can be safely stowed in the garage, protected against access from third parties and the weather. The access code is assigned individually and the opening function can be paused at any time.
Two opening functions
The garage either opens by pressing the red button or using an individual access code.
Automatic closing function
The garage door closes automatically after 15 seconds.
The SOMloq2 radio control system offers maximum security against hackers via 128-Bit-AES encryption with Rollingcode.
Mounting materials and the corresponding aluminium wall holder are included as standard.
Having to collect from the parcel shop, packing station or a neighbour are a thing of the past. Parcels can be delivered directly into the garage for maximum convenience.
Permission for delivery to the garage
Your parcel can't be delivered because no-one is home? Give the parcel delivery company, e. g. DHL, permission in advance to deliver the parcel to your garage. The storage location and the access code can be entered in the shipment tracking on the website or in the app.
Access code or red button
The parcel delivery person can deposit parcels in the garage using the predefined access code. An access code can be stored, or the red button for the courier function can be used as an alternative. The parcel function can be paused at any time.
Parcel delivery to your garage
The parcel delivery person presses the red button or enters the access code. The Telecody Courier sends a command for opening the door, and after around 3 seconds the garage door operator stops. The parcel delivery person can then deposit the parcel in the garage. After 15 seconds, the garage door closes again. We recommend marking the requested delivery location on the garage floor.
Easy parcel collection
Open your garage as normal using your handheld transmitter or using the Telecody Courier and collect your parcel whenever you like.
On-time and stress-free
Delivery to your garage
Maybe you're not home and the parcel cannot be delivered? It's evening time and the parcel shop is now closed? You can't find a parking space at the depot? No need to worry about any of these troublesome issues any more. The intelligent parcel solution offers completely stress-free operation thanks to the Telecody Courier with parcels deposited directly into your garage: protected against third parties and the weather.
You simply give the parcel delivery company permission to deposit the parcel in the garage. Here's an example using DHL:
With access code
- Call up the shipment tracking function via the website or app
- Enter delivery location and access code: "Garage, access code for code keypad 1234"
Red button, no access code
- Call up the shipment tracking function via the website or app
- Enter delivery location and red button info: "Garage, press red button on the code keypad"
The Telecody Courier offers two security levels: opening the door using the red button or using an individually selected access code. The opening height can be set using the number pad. As the opening height corresponds to the opening time, you can set a desired opening time of between 3-9 seconds. The opening height depends on the garage door and the opening time. The factory setting for the opening time is 3 seconds, which corresponds to a opening time of around 30 cm.
The stored hold open time is 15 seconds. A practical feature is that the door closes automatically after this 15 second period. The opening function can be paused at any time if you are going to be away from home or are not expecting any parcels.
Communication between the Telecody Courier and the garage door operator is carried out via the SOMloq2 radio control system. Unlike wired systems, no short-circuiting or bridging is possible.
Radio code keypad
In addition to the courier function, the Telecody Courier can also be used as a radio code keypad with up to 10 radio commands. The Telecody Courier is attached directly to the outer wall of the garage using an aluminium wall holder. The holder and mounting materials are included as standard with the product.
The illuminated buttons mean that the code can be entered even in dark environments, and a long battery service life is a standard feature from us. The Telecody Courier is weather-resistant and perfectly suited for indoor and outdoor use. The model is available in black or white colourways.
All advantages at a glance
The Telecody Courier is compatible with the following products.
From a partial garage opening of 30 cm in height, a photocell is obligatory.
|Item Number||S12829-00001 (black)
|Radio commands||12 (10 with access code)|
|Radio control system||SOMloq2|
|Frequency||FM 868.8 MHz
FM 868.95 MHz
|Range||50 m (depending on the surroundings)|
|Temperature range||−20 °C to +55 °C|
|Battery||3 V, type CR 123A|
|Dimensions||147 x 48 x 30 mm|
The installation and operating manual for the Telecody Courier can be downloaded from the download portal. Go to manual
On the button plate, the dot button (●) and the circle button (○) have a red background. The designation and name plate are affixed to the rear of the device.
- As a customer, you save permission to the courier via their website or app, such as: "Delivery location, garage, access code 1234"
- The delivery person receives permission to leave parcels in your garage as well as the code necessary for the delivery.
- The parcel courier enters the courier code on the Telecody Courier or presses one of the two red buttons: Dot button (●) or circle button (○)
- The door opens approx. 30 cm
- The parcel can be stored securely
- After approx. 15 seconds, the door closes automatically.
The procedure can also be found in our video:
- The delivery location or the courier code is not stored on the website or in the app of the parcel delivery firm.
- The courier code does not match the code stored with the parcel delivery firm.
- The courier function has been deactivated due to an extended absence or a delivery pause.
- The opening height is too low for the parcel delivered: For details of how to adjust the opening height of the door, see the installation and operating manual for the Telecody Courier under: "Changing the opening height". Go to manual
- You need to switch on the Telecody Courier before operating it for the first time; more information on this can be found in the installation and operating manual for the Telecody Courier under "Switching on". Go to manual
- Check the battery as appropriate.
- The dot button (●) and the circle button (○) have not yet been programmed on the operator.
- Parcel mode is not activated.
- The courier function has not yet been activated for pressing one of the two red buttons.
- The courier code has not yet been programmed.
You can find more information in the assembly and operating instructions. Go to manual
It is possible that the dot button (●) and the circle button (○) on the operator have been programmed incorrectly. To programme the buttons correctly, you can follow this process:
- Reset the Telecody Courier to the factory settings using the reset code (9-digit). How this works can be found in the installation and operating manual for the Telecody Courier under "Resetting to factory settings".
- Delete the Telecody Courier entirely from the operator. How this functions can be found in the installation and operating manual for the SOMMER base+ or SOMMER pro+ under "Deleting a transmitter completely from the receiver".
- Reprogramme the Telecody Courier according to the instructions. The important point to note is to
ensure that you select the right channel!
Go to the Telecody Courier manual
Go to the SOMMER base+/pro+ manual
If the problem still persists at this point, the fault lies with the operator drive. This may have been set to "Open" for the ongoing travel. Please contact your installer and ask them to change the setting as appropriate.
In the event of an extended absence or delivery pauses, the courier function can simply be deactivated, and reactivated later on. More information on this can be found in the installation and operating manual for the Telecody Courier under "Deactivating the courier function". Go to manual
The courier function can simply be reactivated after your holiday or following an extended delivery pause. More information on this can be found in the installation and operating manual for the Telecody Courier under:
- "Programming the courier function with entry of a numeric code (courier code)"
- "Activating the courier function by pressing the red button alone"
The existing parcel deposit code can simply be overwritten. More information on this can be found in the installation and operating manual for the Telecody Courier under "Setting up the courier function with entry of a numeric code (courier code)". Go to manual
The opening height is defined by the opening time of the door; the longer it moves for, the greater the opening height. The setting range is between 3-9 seconds.
Note: If the selected opening height exceeds 300 mm, a photocell must be used to comply with EN 12453.
More information on this can be found in the installation and operating manual for the Telecody Courier under "Changing the opening height". Go to manual
This time is stored at 15 seconds in the software and cannot be changed.
For security reasons, all access codes must be programmed before activating the courier function. After this time, programming other access codes requires a factory reset of the Telecody Courier.
The Telecody Courier is programmed for standard OPEN/CLOSE operation on door 1 and door 2. The access codes for the individual doors are then assigned. Only then are the dot button (●) and the circle button (○) on the Telecody Courier programmed on the selected door for courier function and this function is then enabled on the Telecody Courier.
More information on this can be found in the installation and operating manual for the Telecody
Courier under "Resetting to factory settings". Go to manual