The classic operator with separate control unit housing
The duo vision garage door operator from SOMMER impresses on two levels with its innovative technology and elegant appearance.
Types: duo vision 500 \ duo vision 650 \ duo vision 800
The distinguishing features of the different types can be found in the technical details.
Highest level of flexibility
Thanks to separate control unit housing for flexible wall or ceiling installation. No additional power sockets need to be installed on the ceiling.
Optimal voltage supply
No matter which at position a power socket is installed in your garage, with the flexible duo vision system, you can install the control unit housing exactly where you want it.
Accident prevention through electronically controlled force measurement
The operator learns on its own and runs in the currently most economical way thanks to the DPS (Dynamic Power System). It adapts to the environment and always moves at the same speed. For the operator, obstacles mean that it suddenly needs more force. In this case, it stops or reverses. This prevents injury and damage to property.
No additional connections necessary
Since all relevant connections for photo eyes, buttons, warning lights and TorMinal are already present, no additional control units are necessary.
Optimal application of force through soft running
Efficient application of force guarantees controlled soft running in ramp form which prevents unnecessary power loss.
Universal power supply
Power can be supplied flexibly from the front or the rear.
Emergency release in the event of power failure
In the event of a power failure, the emergency release can be activated manually to open or close the garage door.
Environmental and cost efficiency
Consumption of electricity and environmental impact are low thanks to the efficient ring core transformer.
- Very fast and quiet opening and closing
- Longer service life and less wear thanks to gentle transmission technology provided by the travelling motor
- The chain is fixed, which means there is no frictional loss and loss of power as there is with a revolving chain
- The chain is maintenance-free and does not need to be oiled so no dirty oil spots end up on your car or your garage door
- The self-locking motor provides protection against break-in and unauthorised access; no additional locking mechanism is necessary
- Power supply to both ends of the track possible, thus saving time and unnecessary cable extension during installation
- Including 5 m connection cable
- Ideal for retrofitting
- Travel lengths of 2,600 mm, 3,000 mm and 3,400 mm possible
Flexible installation types
The duo vision offers you universal installation options. By installing in the front area of the garage, shorter cable runs are possible for photo eyes or safety contact strips.
Easier service: The programming of a transmitter can be conveniently performed at the wall – not overhead. If there is a power socket available in the garage already, you can mount the duo vision directly next to it.
"Rear" installation type
"Ceiling" installation type
"Front" installation type
"Track" installation type
Separate motor control unit
- Integrated radio receiver (FM 868.8 MHz) with 112 memory positions
- Wall switch already integrated; no separate push-button necessary
- Integrated lighting
- No complex electrical installation necessary because the existing power socket can be used
- Automatic obstacle detection with reversion when an obstacle is encountered, thus providing optimal protection for people and objects
- The DPS (Dynamic Power System) continuously reads in the required force and adapts it
- to changing external conditions, thus providing the highest level of safety
- Backjump feature takes stress off the door and the operator
- Controlled soft running
- The motor track carriage moves itself along a permanently tensioned chain
- No frictional loss and no loss of power occurs as does with a revolving chain
- Gentle transmission technology
- Longer service life and less wear of the garage door operator
- Operator is completely maintenance-free
- No oil drips on your car or the door
The highest level of safety
- Automatic obstacle detection
- Break-in protection
- SLS – Safety Lock System
|Description||duo vision 500||duo vision 650||duo vision 800|
|Pull force||500 N||650 N||800 N|
|Maximum door width in mm:|
|Hinged double door||-||2800||2800|
|Side-opening sectional door||3500*||5000*||5500*|
|Max. door height in mm:|
|Hinged double door||-||2800||3000|
|Side-opening sectional door||2300||3000||3000|
|Up-and-over door||-||1900 - 2700*||1900 - 2700*|
|* With rail extension|
|duo vision track units|
|Travel length in mm||2600||3000||3400|
Scope of delivery
- duo vision 500 (500 N) / Item no. 3000V000
- duo vision 650 (650 N) / Item no. 3010V000
- duo vision 800 (800 N) / Item no. 3020V000
Matching track unit
(expandable with rail extension)
- With movement range 2600 mm / Item no. 1890V000
- With movement range 3000 mm / Item no. 1891V000
- With movement range 3400 mm / Item no. 1892V000
Every operator unit can be combined with every running rail unit.
Where to buy?
Online shop for business customers
Buy the duo vision garage door operator now in the online shop. You can also find other products, spare parts, accessories, radio technology and much more.