Intelligent garage door operator with separate control unit
The SOMMER pro+ garage door operator combines our most advanced garage door control unit with the flexibility of a separate control unit. There are three alternatives for separate installation of the control unit (front, rear or on the ceiling) so that existing sockets can be used. The integrated button in the control unit housing offers additional convenience in the garage.
Separate control unit
Can be installed on a wall or ceiling thanks to a separate garage door control unit. The existing power outlet in the garage is optimally suited for the power supply. If mounted on a garage wall, the wall buttons are conveniently close to the exit. The control unit, which can be installed separately, makes an additional power socket and complex electrical work unnecessary.
"Rear" installation variant
"Front" installation variant
"Ceiling" installation variant
What makes our operators so powerful is the ingenious technology. Our motors are not statically fixed to one point; they travel along a stationary, tensioned chain. This ensures optimal application of force with maximum safety at all times.
Highest level of flexibility
The separate garage door control unit can be installed flexibly on a wall or ceiling. No need to install new power outlets, as existing outlets can be used. The garage door can be opened and closed with the integrated buttons.
Intelligent control technology
The system continuously reads in the required force and adapts it to the external conditions, thus providing the highest level of safety.
Our garage door operators are tested and certified according to the strictest guidelines. You can be assured that our products are of the highest Made in Germany quality. More than 5,000 door-operator combinations with SOMMER garage door operators and doors from well-known manufacturers are certified. You can find the current reference list under Certifications.
The modular system structure makes it possible to expand the garage door operators with countless accessories.
Restriction of closing forces
The system monitors the closing forces in accordance with EN 12453 via electronic motor monitoring. This control mechanism provides maximum safety.
Thanks to the integrated emergency release system, the motor carriage can be engaged and disengaged in any position. This makes it possible to open the garage even in the event of a power failure.
Environmental and cost efficiency
In power-saving mode, these energy-saving operators have a power consumption of lees than one watt. This not only makes then inexpensive to operate, but also extremely environmentally-friendly.
Safety thanks to encrypted radio control system SOMloq2
Thanks to the bidirectional SOMloq2 radio control system, the operators can be controlled conveniently via radio. The 128-bit AES encryption with Rollingcode provides maximum protection of data against hackers.
Universal use with various door types
Our operators are suitable for sectional doors, overhead doors, up-and-over doors, one piece doors, side-opening sectional doors and side-opening doors. The SOMMER pro+ is also suitable for use on hinged double doors.
Emergency power supply in the event of a power failure
During a power failure, the operator can be run in emergency mode with our optional Accu, meaning that your door will never fail.
Smooth-running and long-lasting
Thanks to the gear-saving technology, the garage door operator is extremely quiet, low-wear and has a very long lifetime.
Our garage door operators are tested and certified according to the strictest guidelines. Experience over more than 40 years ensures that our products are of the highest quality and naturally Made in Germany.
- The low-wear, robust and standard-compliant technology with its powerful, travelling motor ensures reliable operation and functionality for many years, with extremely low energy consumption.
- This gentle transmission technology ensures a long service life and less wear and tear on the garage door operator. The operator is completely maintenance-free.
- Intelligent, responsive control technology increases the service life of your door.
- Unique blockage detection: Damage, e.g. due to freezing conditions, is avoided.
- Secure door closing: Uneven ground conditions are compensated for thanks to the optimum closing pressure. Pests and leaves are kept outside.
- Separate garage door control unit for installation on a wall or ceiling
- Numerous accessories for expansion, (e.g. Memo memory extension, Senso humidity sensor, Lock locking magnet, Lumi + additional LED lighting)
- Motor carriage can be removed without disassembling the track
- Easy shortening or lengthening of the track
- Compatible with the Smart Home solution SOMweb for simple control of the garage door via smartphone app or web browser.
- Optimised for break-in protection: The operator detects attempted break-ins and generates active counter-pressure through motor with high self-locking.
- Partial opening: For example, to move the door to a ventilation position via a radio command, or automatically as an option via the Senso humidity sensor.
- Power-saving LED lighting in travelling motor carriage for better lighting of the garage and any potential hazard areas.
- Integrated emergency release for manual interior operation of the door in the event of a power failure.
- Automatic learning process: self-learning force curve with continual adjustment, e.g. summer/winter mode
- Optimised speed profiles for quick opening and secure closing
- Operation compliant with standards
- Automatic calibration of door operation through direct entry of measured operating forces
- Pre-selectable door types via DIP switch
- Active braking for moving doors
- Gear-saving soft start and soft stop
- Automatic end position detection in door CLOSE when programming; the closing pressure can also be individually adapted to the structural conditions
- Serial interface for the Delta Dore X3D module or HomeLink radio receiver module
- Bidirectional radio control system
- Individual function assignment during programming of the radio control system by the user: Pulse mode, partial opening or lighting function, defined OPEN/CLOSE
- Noticeable quality thanks to confirmation of the radio signal through vibration feedback (with suitable transmitter)
- Door status display
- Targeted light control unit
- Programmed at the factory
- Reduction of radiation exposure in spite of higher data throughput in package mode
- Increased reliability and range due to active forwarding (hop function)
- 128-bit AES encryption
- Auto-repeat function for convenient opening while approaching the object
- Distance-dependent dead-man function for set-up mode
We will show you how to install and program a SOMMER pro+ garage door operator. Assembly, installation and programming are explained step by step.
Service & maintenance
- Long-term event memory
- Maintenance intervals can be programmed
- Motor carriage can be removed without disassembling the track
- Galvanised, nickel-plated and high-quality chain: no wear, no oiling and no chain re-tensioning necessary
- Intelligent control technology for specialist retailers: SOMlink S2 service interface
|Designation||S 9060 pro+||S 9080 pro+||S 9110 pro+|
|Max. pull and pushing force||600 N||800 N||1,100 N|
|Max. travel path||7,500 mm||7,500 mm||7,500 mm|
|Max. door width/door height 1)|
|Sectional door||4,500 mm / 2,500 mm||6,000 mm / 2,500 mm||8,000 mm / 2,500 mm|
|One piece door||4,500 mm / 2,750 mm||6,000 mm / 2,750 mm||8,000 mm / 2,750 mm|
|Up-and-over door||4,500 mm / 2,050 mm||6,000 mm / 2,050 mm||8,000 mm / 2,050 mm|
|Hinged double door 2)||2,800 mm / 2,500 mm||2,800 mm / 2,750 mm||2,800 mm / 3,000 mm|
|Side-opening sectional door/side-opening door 3)||2,500 mm (4,500 mm) / 2,500 mm||2,500 mm (5,750 mm) / 2,750 mm||2,500 mm (6,850 mm) / 3,000 mm|
|Travel length (standard)||2,750 mm||2,750 mm||2,750 mm|
|Max. travel length extended||4,900 mm 2× extensions (1,096 mm)||6,000 mm 3× extensions (1,096 mm)||7,100 mm 4× extensions (1,096 mm)|
|Max. door weight||120 kg||160 kg||200 kg|
|Max. running speed 4)||240 mm/s||210 mm/s||180 mm/s|
|Power consumption (power-saving mode)||< 1 W||< 1 W||< 1 W|
|Duty cycle after S3 in %||40||40||40|
|Number of radio memory positions||40||40||40|
|Max. recommended no. of spaces||30||50||30|
1) The values may differ depending on the installation position. 2) Separate hinged double door fitting required. 3) Side-opening sectional doors and side-opening doors wider than 2,500 mm can be implemented with the corresponding number of extensions. 4) Measured without door.
Scope of delivery
Everything in one box
The garage door operator SOMMER pro+ is a universal complete package with separate control unit ready for use. The pre-assembled operator for wall or ceiling installation can be combined with all types of doors.
- Motor carriage with integrated radio receiver (FM 868.95 MHz SOMloq2, 40 radio memory positions)
- Separate control unit with two integrated wall buttons
- LED lighting in the motor carriage
- Pre-programmed Pearl Vibe 4-command handheld transmitter (# 4019V000) with noticeable feedback of radio commands via vibration
- 3-piece rail, motor carriage, ceiling control unit, ceiling suspension unit, attachment to header, push arm, door bracket and mounting material
The modular system structure makes it possible to expand the SOMMER pro+ with countless accessories. All accessories are easy to install, as the slots are colour-coded and exactly labelled.
You can find further details of our accessories under Videos.
Magnet motor lock which mechanically blocks the motor in any position (even with ventilation function) up to an attack force of 300 kg, thereby improving the existing break-in protection.
For recording temperature and air humidity in the garage. The carriage automatically opens the door a bit if necessary (e.g. when the air humidity is too high), ensuring perfect circulation. When the optimal value has been achieved, the door is closed, reducing the risk of mould formation.
Used to expand the memory to 450 transmitter commands. During service, saved data can be easily adopted for a new carriage.
Additional LED lighting for the wall control. It is switched in parallel with the lighting in the carriages and can be easily switched on and off using the light function by means of a transmitter.
Two functions in one product: The alarm buzzer recognises a break-in attempt and outputs a loud signal tone. The warning buzzer, on the other hand, outputs an acoustic signal during the closing process or when the slip door is open.
Gives optical assistance for perfectly positioning a vehicle in the garage. The laser is active during the opening process and the set light burning time.
Additional relay for additional switching of a garage or courtyard light or another 230 V consumer.
A passive infrared sensor detects invisible thermal radiation from moving bodies (people/animals etc.) and reacts. When you enter the garage, the lighting on the operator is automatically switched on (supplemental lighting/relay) so that you can move around safely.
Supplies energy to the operator for maximum 5 door cycles > in the event of a power failure.
Allows the connection of two corded pulse buttons for control of the door and one external lighting unit. The operating mode “Defined opening” and “Defined closing” is optional.
Transfers the door status (open/closed) to Smart Home systems. Optionally, a further external lighting unit can be operated.
For easier and more convenient installation of the tension springs on sectional doors. It is no longer necessary to lift the door yourself, making installation of the door even easier and quicker.
The LIFTer is only available for specialist dealers.
The "Type-tested" certification represents a voluntary commitment to added security above and beyond the CE conformity test.
TÜV NORD seal of quality
Door and gate operators with the GS mark are TÜV/GS-tested and meet the requirements of the German Product Safety Act (ProdSG). They are monitored by TÜV at regular intervals.
Seal of quality of the Bundesverband Antriebs- und Steuerungstechnik (German Federal Association for Door Operator and Control Technology). Tore e.V.
The BAS.T quality seal is awarded to products whose properties exceed the statutory and normative requirements. Processes within the companies are also reviewed.
Safety mark of ift Rosenheim
Garage door operators with the closing forces symbol have been tested and certified by Ift Rosenheim to EN 12453.
The core focus of our business is ensuring our customers’ satisfaction with our products. In order to achieve this aim, we place exacting requirements on the quality of all components and on each step in the production process.
Our uncompromising quality management system ensures that all technical solutions are subjected to rigorous testing under real-life conditions, for example in our in-house test centre.
Based on these high quality standards, SOMMER offers a 5-year warranty on the operator technology, the motor and the motor control unit.
You can find further information under Terms of Warranty
The installation and operating manual for the SOMMER pro+ can be downloaded from the download portal.
The following video shows how to programme a handheld transmitter from SOMMER, for example a Pearl, Pearl Vibe, Pearl Status, Pearl Twin, Slider+, Slider Vibe, to a SOMMER garage door operator with SOMloq2. You will find a detailed description in the installation and operating manual.
The HomeLink radio receiver module allows you to control operators and control units with the radio system SOMloq2. The radio receiver module is installed via the serial interface on the motor carriage using Plug & Play.
Yes, the SOMweb Smart Home solution allows you to control door operators extremely simply via app or browser from a smartphone, tablet or PC.