Update for SOMlink and Codemaster+
Successor products SOMlink S2 and Codemaster S2 are now available and replace the previous SOMlink and Codemaster+.
By means of a QR code scanner, Series 2 (S2) allows easier transmission of the WiFi access details to the SOMlink S2 APP and thus easy connection to a smartphone. The stable WiFi connection means no more connection failures, and due to the stable standard mode connection, hotspot mode is no longer required, either. Moreover, with the WPA2 encryption, messages about "insecure encryptions" when connecting to the WiFi network are a thing of the past.
In sum, these innovations mean not only improved performance, but also shorter loading times for the sites, more storage space for objects and fast and reliable updates and backup using SOMMERsuite.
The differences at a glance:
- The main differences lie primarily in the hardware, while the functionality and content do not differ
- More powerful,
- stabler and simpler connection of SOMlink with end devices via QR code scan (via apps)
- Hotspot mode no longer required
- Faster loading of the user interface and the individual websites
- Faster updates and creation of backup copies with the help of the SOMMER Suite
- Now packed in boxes instead of blister packs
- Labelling on the back of the device identifies the S2
- New "SOMlinkS2" and "Codemaster S2" apps available
- App also for iOS devices (Apple)
- The S2 devices provide WiFi to establish the connection after approx. 20 seconds, and the connection can then be established. However, due to the fast loading times, the overall initial operation time is no longer.
- If a browser is used, the Codemaster web pages are loaded with "http://codemaster.lokal". (The "plus" has been removed: http://codemasterplus.lokal)
- Less expensive than its predecessor: €249 instead of €289
Conditions of use:
In order to continue to use the SOMMER Suite, it is necessary to download it again from the SOMMER homepage and install it. During installation of the new SOMMER Suite, the already installed version is automatically uninstalled. Backup data from a SOMlink can be transferred to a SOMlink S2 without problems.
We still have small residual quantities of SOMlink and Codemaster+ devices, and as there is absolutely no change in the functionality, these stocks will be used up first.