Data protection declaration
Data protection declaration
It is very important to us to protect your personal data when you visit our website. We protect your privacy and your private data. We collect, process and use your personal data in accordance with the content of these data protection provisions and the applicable rules on data protection, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation, the ePrivacy Directive, the German Data Protection Act and the German Telemedia Act.
These data protection provisions regulate which personal data we collect, process and use. For this reason, please read through the following information carefully.
Data protection policy for the Internet offering
www.sommer.eu, downloads.sommer.eu, karriere.sommer.eu, akademie.sommer.eu, www.sommer.eu/etl, www.sommerzeitung.eu, www.sommer-tiga.eu, www.sommer-base.eu, www.sommer-pro.eu, www.twist-ug.de, www.twist-am.de, www.entrasys.de, www.sommer-onlineshop.eu, somweb.world
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
1. The following section contains information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data is defined as any information which refers to you personally, e.g. your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
2. The controller as defined by Art. 4 Par. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is SOMMER Antriebs- und Funktechnik GmbH, Hans-Böckler-Str. 21-27, 73230 Kirchheim/Teck, email@example.com (see our legal information https://www.sommer.eu/en-GB/legal-information.html). You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our postal address and adding “the data protection officer.”
3. When you contact us via e-mail or a contact form, we store the data you supply (your e-mail address, where applicable your name and your telephone number) in order to answer your questions. We delete data provided in this connection once storage is no longer required or restrict processing where a legal obligation to retain such data applies.
4. Should we avail ourselves of the services of contracted providers for individual functions of our offering or wish to use your data for advertising purposes, you can find detailed information on the respective processes below. We also specify the fixed criteria for the data storage duration.
§ 2 Your rights
1. You have the following rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
- the right to receive information on your stored data,
- the right to have stored data rectified or deleted,
- the right to restrict the processing of your data,
- the right to object to the processing of your data,
- the right to data portability.
2. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority against the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when you visit our website
1. When you use our website merely for informational purposes, that is, without registering or transferring other information to us, we collect only the data transmitted to our server by your browser. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which we require for technical reasons in order to display our website to you and to ensure its stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6 Par. 1 Subpar. 1 lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- date and time of the request
- time zone difference compared to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- content of the request (specific page)
- access status/HTTP status code
- data volume transferred in each case
- website from which the request is received
- operating system and its interface
- browser software language and version.
2. In addition to the data specified above, cookies are also stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files assigned to the browser you use and stored on your hard disk. They provide specific information to the party setting the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to help us make our overall internet offering more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following cookie types. Their scope and functionality is explained below:
- transient cookies (see b)
- persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They are frequently session cookies. These save a so-called session ID with which various requests from your browser can be identified as part of the same session. This allows us to recognise your computer when you visit our website again. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a set time, which may vary from cookie to cookie. You can delete cookies at any time via the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish, for example, by refusing to accept third-party cookies or refusing to accept any cookies at all. We do point out, however, that this means you may not be able to use all functions of our website.
f) Furthermore, we use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your end device. These objects save the necessary data independent of the browser you use and have no automatic expiry date. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private browsing mode. In addition, we recommend that you delete cookies and your browser history regularly.
§ 4 Further functions and services offered on our website
1. In addition to the use of our website for purely informational purposes, we also offer various services you may choose to take advantage of. In order to do so, you will as a rule be required to enter further personal data which we use to provide the service in question and in accordance with the data processing principles named above.
2. In some cases, we use external service providers in order to process your data. These providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and monitored regularly.
3. In addition, we may disclose your personal data to third parties when conducting campaigns, holding competitions, concluding contracts or offering similar services together with partners. Further information is provided when you enter your personal data or can be found below in the description of the offer.
4. Where our contracting providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this in our description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection to or revocation of consent to the processing of your data
1. If you have agreed to the processing of your data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Once you have revoked your consent, this influences the permissibility of processing of your personal data.
2. In as far as we base the processing of your personal data on a weighing up of interests, you are entitled to object to processing. In particular, this is the case where the processing of your data is not necessary for the performance of a contract with you, which is stated by us in the following description of the functions. If you make use of your right to objection, we ask you to state the reasons why your personal data should not be processed in the manner intended by us. When you file such an objection with us, stating your reasons, we will examine the circumstances and either cease or adapt the processing of your data or state our compelling and legitimate grounds for continuing the processing of your data.
3. You are, of course, entitled to object to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can notify us of your objection to the processing of your data for advertising purposes using the following contact data: SOMMER Antriebs- und Funktechnik GmbH, Hans-Böckler-Str. 21-27, D-73230 Kirchheim/Teck, E-mail: email@example.com, Tel.: 07021 8001-0, Fax: 07021 8001-100.
§ 6 Use of our online store
1. If you wish to order from our online store, it is necessary for conclusion of the contract for you to enter the personal data required in order to process your order. All information required for processing of the contracts is marked as mandatory; any further information is provided voluntarily. The data you provide are used by us to process your order. In the course of this, we are entitled to pass on your payment data to our bank. The legal basis here is Art. 6 Par. 1 Subpar. 1 lit. b GDPR.
2. Optionally: You can choose to create a customer account, allowing us to store your data for further orders placed at a later date. When you create an account under "My account,” the data you enter are saved, to which you can revoke your consent at any time. You can have all further data, including your user account, deleted at any time in the customer area of our website.
3. We are also entitled to process the data you provide in order to inform you about further products of interest from our portfolio or in order to send you e-mails containing technical information.
4. Under commercial and tax law, we are under obligation to store your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, after two years, we place restrictions on the processing of your data, i.e. your data are then only used in order to fulfil our legal obligations.
5. To prevent unauthorised access to your personal data, in particular financial details, by third parties, the order process is encrypted using TLS technology.
§ 7 Use of our specialist retailer area
1. If you wish to use our specialist retailer area, you must register by entering your e-mail address and a password of your choice. For registration, we use the so-called double-opt-in procedure, i. e. registration is only completed when you have confirmed your registration by clicking the link sent to you for this purpose in a confirmation e-mail. If confirmation is not received within 24 hours, your registration is automatically deleted from our database. Entry of the data specified above is mandatory; all further information can be provided voluntarily by using our specialist retailer area.
2. If you use our specialist retailer area, we store data which is required for the performance of contracts, including details of the method of payment, until you permanently delete your access. We also save all data provided voluntarily by you for the duration of your use of the specialist retailer area, unless you delete such data beforehand. You can manage and edit all entries in the secure customer area of our website. The legal basis is Art. 6 Par. 1 Subpar. 1 lit. f GDPR.
3. If you use the specialist retailer area, your data may become accessible to other subscribers to the specialist retailer area in accordance with the contractual service. Members who are not registered will receive no information about you. Your specialist retailer designation and reference number are visible to all registered members, irrespective of whether you have approved this. In contrast, only members you have confirmed as personal contacts can view your complete profile with the data approved by you.
4. To prevent unauthorised access to your personal data, in particular financial details, by third parties, the connection is encrypted using TLS technology.
§ 8 Newsletter
1. You have the option of subscribing to our newsletter, in which we inform you of current offers which may be of interest to you. The products and services advertised in the newsletter are specified in the declaration of consent.
2. For registration for our newsletter, we use the so-called double-opt-in procedure. This means that on registration, we send an e-mail to the e-mail address provided by you, asking you to confirm that you wish to receive our newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information is blocked and deleted automatically after one month. We also store the IP addresses you use, the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this is to supply verification of your registration and to allow clarification of possible misuse of your personal data.
3. The only information you have to enter in order to receive the newsletter is your e-mail address. Any further data entered in the fields marked as voluntary are used in order to allow us to address you personally. On receipt of your confirmation, we save your e-mail address in order to send you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 Par. 1 Subpar. 1 lit. a GDPR.
4. You can withdraw your consent to receiving the newsletter and cancel your subscription at any time. You can do this by clicking on the link provided for this purpose in every newsletter, via the form on the website https://www.sommer.eu/en-GB/newsletter.html, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact data given on the legal information page of our website.
5. We would like to point out that we do evaluate user behaviour when dispatching our newsletter. To allow this, the e-mails we send contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels in the form of one-pixel image files which are stored on our website. For evaluation, we link the data specified in § 3 and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Links contained in the newsletter also contain this ID. We use the data collected to create a user profile which allows us to tailor the newsletter to your specific interests. We track when you read our newsletter and which links you click in it, which and on the basis of this, we draw conclusions about specific topics which interest you. We combine these data with your activities on our website.
6. You can file an objection to this tracking at any time by clicking the special link provided for this purpose in every newsletter or by notifying us by other means. This information is stored for the duration of your subscription to the newsletter. If you cancel your subscription to the newsletter, the information is stored purely for statistical purposes and in anonymous form.
§ 9 Use of Google Analytics
1. This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc.("Google"). Google Analytics also uses so-called "cookies," text files that are stored on your computer and enable your use of the website to be analysed. As a rule, the information created by the cookie about your use of this website is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, in member countries of the European Union or other countries that are signatories to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, Google truncates your IP address beforehand. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to analyse your use of the website, compile reports about activities on the website and provide the website operator with further services in connection with website and Internet use.
2. The IP address transferred by your browser for the purpose of Google Analytics is not merged with any other Google data.
3. You can prevent the cookies from being stored by means of a corresponding setting in your browser software, but we would like to point out that you may not be able to use all the website's functions to the full extent in this case. In addition, you can prevent Google from obtaining and processing the data created by the cookie concerning your use of the website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in accessed by clicking the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
4. This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This means that IP addresses are truncated prior to further processing, rendering it impossible to trace them back to a specific person. Where data collected on you identify you personally, they are therefore immediately excluded and the personal data are thereby deleted at once.
5. We use Google Analytics in order to analyse your use of our website, enabling us to improve our website regularly. The statistics we obtain in this way allow us to improve our online offering and make our website more interesting for you as a user. For those exceptional cases where personal data are transferred to the USA, Google has certified that it complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Frameworks, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Par. 1 Subpar. 1 lit. f GDPR.
§ 10 Integration of Google Maps
1. On this website, we use Google Maps. This enables us to display interactive maps directly on the website and gives you the convenience of the map function.
2. When you visit our website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data specified in § 3 of this declaration are transferred. This takes place irrespective of whether Google provides a user account via which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data are assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish the data to be linked to your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as user profiles and uses them for advertising purposes, market research and/or requirements-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even in the case of users who are not logged in) in order to provide advertising which caters to the needs of users and in order to inform other users of social media networks of your activities on our website. You are entitled to object to the creation of such user profiles; however, you must contact Google in order to exercise this right.
3. Further information on the purpose and scope of the collection and processing of data by the plug-in provider can be found in the provider’s data privacy policies. There, you will also find further information on your rights in this context and configuration options for the protection of your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has certified that it adheres to the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 11 Use of Google Adwords Conversion
1. We use the services of Google Adwords to draw attention to our attractive products on external websites through the use of advertising material (so-called Google Adwords). In relation to the data from advertising campaigns, we can evaluate how successful individual advertising measures are. Our aim here is to present advertising which is of interest for you, to make the design of our website more interesting and to allow a fair calculation of advertising costs.
2. This advertising material is provided by Google via so-called "ad servers." We use ad server cookies, which allow us to measure specific success parameters such as how often the ads are displayed or clicked by users. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Adwords will store a cookie on your computer. As a rule, these cookies are only valid for 30 days, and they are not intended to be used to identify you as a person. Usually, the analysis values unique cookie ID, the number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), the last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (notification that the user does not wish to be addressed again) are stored for this cookie.
3. These cookies allow Google to recognise your Internet browser. If a user visits specific pages of an Adwords customer’s website and the cookie stored on his or her computer has not yet expired, Google and the customer can see that the user has clicked the advertisement and been redirected to this page. A different cookie is assigned to each Adwords customer. Cookies can therefore not be tracked via the websites of Adwords customers. We ourselves do not collect or process any personal data in the course of the named advertising measures. We merely receive statistical evaluations from Google. Using these evaluations, we can see which of the advertising measures implemented have been particularly effective. We receive no more detailed data from the use of the advertising measures, and in particular, the information does not enable us to identify the user.
4. The marketing tools installed mean that your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We have no influence on the scope and further use of the data captured by Google through the use of this tool and therefore inform you on the basis of the information available to us: As a result of the integration of Google AdWords Conversion, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding section of our website or clicked one of our ads. If you are registered with a service provided by Google, Google can assign your visit to the website with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible for the provider to learn your IP address and store it.
5. There are various ways in which you can avoid being tracked in this way:
a. by making a corresponding setting in your browser software; in particular, blocking third-party cookies ensures that you receive no advertising from third-party providers;
b. by deactivating the cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com," https://www.google.de/settings/ads, whereby this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies;
b. by using the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices to deactivate interest-based advertisements from providers who are part of the self-regulation campaign "About Ads," whereby this setting will be deleted if you delete your cookies;
d. by means of permanent deactivation in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We do point out, however, that in this case, you may not be able to use all functions of our website.
6. The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 Par. 1 Subpar. 1 lit. f GDPR. You can find further information on data protection at Google here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has certified that it complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Frameworks, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.